Monday, February 11, 2008

What's Happening?!

To update you on the last few weeks of my life:

- I celebrated my 36th birthday on Groundhogs Day (2/2), and I got my hair highlighted once again and a new tattoo on my right wrist (pictures forthcoming)! My friends and I went to Claddaghs Irish Pub for an awesome dinner, and some of us finished the evening back at my place watching Elizabethtown while enjoying cigars and a fire - an awesome movie and an awesome birthday!

- I am on a much-needed break from school, with my next class starting on Thursday, February 21st.

- My cousin Monty is still not doing very well. He starts chemo again today, and he has lost 50 pounds from the first round. He is taking a different neusea medication, so hopefully the weight loss won't be as dramatic this time. I still have not been able to see him yet, but I hope to spend some time with him soon.

- I will be going on a missions trip with my church to Waveland, Mississippi the end of this month. We will be working with a ministry to rebuild homes destroyed by Hurricane Katrina. My dad recently paid the cost of the remaining balance for my trip - an answer to prayer! Now, I will just have to figure out how to pay my bills when I will be missing work for that week!

2 comments:

gretchen said...

Thanks for the update...that is awesome that your Dad is going to help with your trip!!!! God is so good!

Full of JOY said...

oh my word chuck! yeah for your dad- that's so amazing!! gives me hope...i'm getting a little nervous!!