Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Waveland, Mississippi



Jamie, Dan, Abby, and I leave on Sunday morning for a week spent in Waveland, MS, helping to rebuild homes destroyed by Hurricane Katrina almost 2 1/2 years ago. They have had some success in rebuilding, but have years to go before things are back to "normal."

Check out the links below to see before/after pictures of Waveland, and the organization that we will be assisting with home rebuilds. Please be in prayer for the people of Waveland, and us as we venture out next week.

Waveland before/after pictures
Christian Life Center

2 comments:

gretchen said...

Glad to see you are getting excited. You guys are going to have a great time!

Dan, Heather, and Bjorn said...

Chuck, I'm so happy you guys are doing this. I feel as if a part of me is going with you. Certainly, I'm wishing you all the best and I know that Mississippi will be a better place because you are there. On the other hand, Minnesota is going to be a worse place because you're not here, but let's focus on the good stuff :)