Thursday, February 14, 2008

Signs of Spring


"That's the true harbinger of spring, not crocuses or swallows returning to Capistrano, but the sound of a bat on a ball."
-- Bill Veeck

Even though it's only Valentine's Day, and there is still plenty of snow on the ground, it's time to get ready for some baseball! Spring Training workouts are beginning today!

"I see great things in baseball. It's our game - the American game. Repair these losses, and be a blessing to us."
-- Walt Whitman

Every team starts out each Spring with the dream of competing for the championship. Rookies everywhere are nervous and excited, while veterans slowly round their games into shape.

"They give you a round bat and they throw you a round ball and they tell you to hit it square."
-- Willie Stargell

The glimmer of hope in my own dream to be a major league player may have faded decades ago, but this time of year still gets my juices flowing and my heart beating a little bit faster!

"People all say that I've had a bad break. But today - today, I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the Earth."
-- Lou Gehrig

Play ball (once the snow finally melts)!

3 comments:

gretchen said...

Yay for the hope of spring!!!! I feel it is almost here...Jamie keeps reminding me we are not yet half way through February--oh well.

Jamie said...

Yeah for steroids!

-- just kidding. you know i love baseball.

Full of JOY said...

SPRING PHASE 1 starts next week at starbucks!! that makes me feel like it's spring!!! be on the look out for the honey latte- really yummy!!