Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Fair Thoughts


I really enjoyed the State Fair this year! I went early Friday morning, and rode the bus from Southdale Mall, which saved me the expense of parking and the hassle of driving. I wandered around for a bit before settling on my first food of the day at 8:30 - a corn dog! I then quickly moved over to the cheese curd booth to partake in their goodness! I met up with James and Amy and their kids, and we walked around the Fair together for a few hours. We branched off after awhile, and I managed to get my last item of food for the day, a fresh strawberry shake from the dairy barn. I was going to share some cookies with James and Amy, and enjoy a lot of milk for only a buck, but their kids are not fond of chocolate chip cookies and I didn't want to eat a whole bucket by myself. Well, actually I did want to, but I decided against it! I will just have to wait until next year to enjoy them.

I was also able to spend time yesterday in one of my favorite spots in Minnesota - Stillwater. My friend Lisa was going to spend the day their because her husband Eric had to work, so I managed to join her for the day. It was a really fun time. Afterwards, we met up with Eric, and Jamie, Gretchen and the girls for a BBQ in a Bloomington park. It was a fun way to end the holiday weekend!

2 comments:

gretchen said...

It was a great weekend...a good celebration of the end of summer break!

Full of JOY said...

fur told me you guys were at a park...i felt sad...but happy for you all!! actually, i probably would have had to work anyway!!