Tuesday, September 9, 2008

New Adventure


Well, only 6 more days until I will be interning full-time in the school system! I pretty much have all of my sites lined up, with the exception of a middle school. They haven't gotten back to me in over a month, but are probably quite busy with the school year beginning. I will be splitting my time between DeLaSalle high 3 days a week, Lincoln International high (alternative) 1 day a week, and Anne Sullivan elementary 1 day a week. I will probably be at Hidden Oaks middle later on this Fall.

This coming Friday is also my last day at Target! For that matter, it is my last day receiving a paycheck for quite awhile! I will be living off of student loans for the next 6-8 months while I complete my required internship hours and my final Masters paper. It's been awhile since I didn't have a job, so I am trying to look at the experience as an "adventure," and will try to enjoy the time as much as I can. Hopefully next Fall I will be gainfully employed as a Licensed School Counselor.

I cannot wait until Monday!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Chuck!! This is cause for celebration, I feel!! Watching you pursue this dream is inspiring, and I'm just so happy for you and looking forward to hearing all about your experiences at each of these schools. Those kids are so lucky!

Dan said...

those are cool puzzle pieces.

Full of JOY said...

celebrate good times come on!!!! whoo hoo!! no work!! and you get to do what you love! party on people let me hear some noise, dc's in the house jump jump for joy!

gretchen said...

This is a GREAT ADVENTURE! I hope you love it even more than you think you will!!!!!