Monday, September 29, 2008

Update

My first two weeks of practicum/internships are in the books, and it has been going well. I am slowly getting some more contact with the students at DeLaSalle, with a few Senior interviews (college planning check-ins) scheduled for later this week. I've had a few more opportunities to work with the students at my Alternative site (Lincoln International), when I helped give classroom presentations on a career interest inventory. I've enjoyed working with the Somali and Latino populations at Lincoln.

I have also lined up another Elementary site, Gatewood, in Hopkins. I will be there 1 day a week, beginning this Thursday. And I have a lead on a potential Middle school practicum in Hopkins (one of the better school districts), hopefully starting there sometime in November.

No comments: