Tuesday, August 26, 2008

State Fair!


It's that time of year once again, time for Summer to be winding down and Fall to slowly (I hope) begin. Those that know me, are fully aware of my enjoyment of the Great Minnesota Get Together - our own State Fair! My family rarely went to the Fair while I was growing up, so I began my own tradition once I got older of going to the Fair each year. I've even been known to go twice in one year! I'll be heading to the Fair this Friday.

For me, the Fair is nothing more than eating a lot of unhealthy food (Pronto Pups, cheese curds, chocolate chip cookies and all the milk I can drink for a buck), to just getting a chance to people watch. I might wander down to the barns and the animals, but for this city-slicker I'm more interested in the fresh milkshakes than I am the cows or horses!

Once I've made my way around the Fairgrounds a few times, and had my fill of food, than it's usually time for me to get out of the crowds, and to begin preparing myself mentally for the end of Summer. I am actually really looking forward to this Fall, as I will be doing my practicums and internships full-time in a few weeks. But for now, I am focusing on, and looking forward to, the Fair.

4 comments:

gretchen said...

one of these days we will get there...enjoy those cookies and milk!

Full of JOY said...

i am DYING for cc cookies!! my brother is on this weird diet where he's not eating sweets until october, so if i make cookies it will tempt him too much!! eat at LEAST a bucket for me!

Heidi said...

I'm glad you took some time for the fair!! What a great tradition!

Marissa said...

I hope you had a great time at the fair! I decided that I was to broke and cheap to go there this year, plus it is hard to fit it into my schedule. Hopefully you were able to enjoy some delicious cheese curds for me!