Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day


This year, in honor of my Mother, I planted some flowers for her in my yard. It's hard to believe that she has been gone now for almost 13 years. Growing up, I can remember my Mom planting her garden each Spring, and tending to it throughout the year. To this day, I still think of her whenever I see certain kinds of flowers.

To those women who have greatly influenced and shaped their children's lives, I wish you a happy day! I am a product of my Mother's love, and I am grateful for that.

"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body."
- Elizabeth Stone

"All that I am or ever hope to be, I owe to my angel Mother."
- Abraham Lincoln

3 comments:

gretchen said...

What a great tribute to your Mom--she would be so very proud of you!

(p.s.--I do think those are impatiens--not sure, but I think)

Lisa said...

I love that you planted flowers in honor of your mom! They will look so nice in those pots you have. And I agree w/Gretchen--they are impatients, and they fill in nicely... they are the ones I plant in my flower boxes and they overflow!

Full of JOY said...

what a sweet, sweet guy you are...