Sunday, May 18, 2008

A Brisk Morning

My Sunday morning routine started out just like all the others did, but this morning's was a bit cooler than expected. The Cafe Zumbro had their outdoor patio open, so I thought it would be nice to enjoy my breakfast outdoors. Well, the warm sunshine hadn't quite reached that side of the building yet, so myself and a few other hearty souls were shivering while we dined this morning! At least the coffee was warm and plentiful!

My morning walk around Lake Harriet also started out rather chilly. There was a strong, cool breeze blowing, which aided those who were on the lake partaking in some sort of a sailboat race, but made for a brisk walk/run for the rest of us. About half way around the lake the breeze subsided, and the rest of my walk was glorious! The cool morning didn't keep me indoors, and it didn't stop many others from enjoying their Sunday morning as well.

On my way home, I stopped off at Settergren's Hardware store on Penn and bought myself an Adirondack chair. It still needs to be put together and probably either stained or painted, but that's a glimpse into my next blog post. I hope you enjoy your Sunday!

1 comment:

Marissa said...

Glad you enjoyed your Sunday morning tradition. Harriet has that sail boat race every year I think, because back in 2004 when I went to prom we went to watch the sun rise and we met this guy who decided to spend the night next to the boat house so he wouldn't miss the race... but before that he got trashed and stole Cheetos and a pack of beer for breakfast, THEN he camped out!(Sorry for the long post!)