Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Who's Next?!

That's it, I am officially ticked off! First we trade Moss (goodbye you big headache), then we trade Garnett (the face of the franchise is now gone), then we let Hunter leave via free agency (who can blame him for taking the money and running), and now we trade Santana (the best pitcher ever) - are there any more superstars left?! Will we end up trading Mauer, Morneau, and Gaborik too?!

I understand that sports is no longer a game, and that it changed into a business quite some time ago, but come on! If the Twins can manage to get the taxpayers to foot the bill on a new stadium, then they could at least attempt to keep their talented players around for the next few years so we can see them play in the shiny new ballpark. It's about time Carl "I'm too old to own a baseball team, and my kids don't care" Pohlad opens up his immense wallet and gives some of that darn money back to the state of Minnesota!

Oh well, at least Favre might be playing another season or two...

3 comments:

gretchen said...

Sorry about that Chuck...this is why I stick with college athletics

Rachel said...

Sounds like we have plenty to commiserate about, Chuck. It's Rachel---Heidi's friend from Border's. I'm glad to see that you love the Twins, and that you seem to like Brett Favre, too. Hopefully Liriano can pull us through the tough times this year!

Heidi said...

LOL... I love your passion for minnesota baseball. I'm sure my Grandpa Huber is VERY disappointed! :)