Monday, January 21, 2008

A Very Busy Stretch

I apologize for the lack of posting lately, but things have gotten rather busy for me with school. Last Friday morning was my first practicum/observation experience at DeLaSalle High. I enjoyed my time there, but it went by too quickly. Because I have to work full-time to make ends meet, I can only observe for 2 hours a week, which will make the required 50 hours of observation take that much longer to complete.

On Saturday, I spent the day working on two presentations for class, one an individual presentation and the other a group project. It took more time for me to do the research than it did to write the presentations. At least I was able to spend Saturday night relaxing with Dan, Eric, and Lisa, and resting my brain. I spent all day yesterday (Sunday) in class, soaking up as much information about child development as I could possibly squeeze into my overly-saturated brain!

I have tonight off to do some things around the house before my next class on Tuesday evening, followed by my first practicum supervision class on Wednesday night. All that is followed by class on Saturday, and probably spending Sunday doing more homework.

When this busy stretch is all said and done, I will need a mini-vacation from school, from work, and maybe from reality!

1 comment:

Full of JOY said...

blah! i'm overwhelmed FOR you...seems like you're happy though- which is more then i could say if it were me going through that!!