Friday, August 8, 2008

Back to School?!


I cannot believe it, but I am actually looking forward to going back to high school! I start my school counseling internship at DeLaSalle in about a month, but am really excited to begin it now. I also have an alternative school and middle school all lined up, with an elementary school yet to be determined.

Just the other day, I went to Target and got my school supplies! I needed some notebooks to take the required notes for my practicums/internships, so I bought a few composition books, and a calendar/organizer to keep track of which school I am at, on which day. Maybe I'll color coordinate each day for the particular school...just so my unorganized friends can mock me!

I haven't been this excited to start back since I was in elementary school! I am looking forward to the Olympics beginning tonight, and then the State Fair later this month, but shortly after that I will be heading back to class with much anticipation (who'd have thought)! I can just hear the students now, "Mr. M, can we talk?"

3 comments:

Dan, Heather, and Bjorn said...

As Bono might say, "Rock On!" In a high, falsetto kinda voice.

Chuck, you were MADE to do this. I am actually excited too, just thinking about you doing this internship. Way to go!

gretchen said...

You KNOW I love the school supplies AND the organization ;). Did you get a backpack--the backpack is the crown jewel of school supplies--choose wisely.

Full of JOY said...

better keep a look-out for those who do NOT want to be there...the ones crumbling to the ground in tears b'c they hate school so much...not that i know from experience or any thing...

so glad you're excited to go back!!