Wednesday, June 20, 2007

A Wonderful Evening

Last night, Aimee and I went to a tattoo shop in Uptown to hopefully get me inked up! Unfortunately, they were booked solid. I do, however, have an appointment for next Tuesday night with "Bleach" to get my Celtic cross tattoo (look for some pictures sometime next week)!

Afterwards, we went to dinner at the Global Market in the Midtown Building (the old Sears building on Lake Street). It's a very neat environment, and one that I'd highly recommend to others.

Then, we drove down to the Stone Arch Bridge in Minneapolis and went for a walk. I am truly a fan of that bridge. The area is steeped in history for Minneapolis, as we used to have a strong milling industry, and there are still many remnants of the old mills. From the Stone Arch Bridge, you get a great view of the city skyline - another destination that I'd highly recommend to others (and I know that it holds a very special meaning to my friends Eric and Lisa who were engaged there).

There even was somebody showing a movie ("Airplane") on the outside wall of an older brick building nearby, with only a few people watching it - however, there were a couple of us who stopped and caught a few minutes of the flick!

All in all, last night was a very wonderful evening.


2 comments:

Full of JOY said...

sounds wonderful- like the perfect night that you never could have planned...it just happened!!

thanks for the drum availability- and thanks for the chat. i will follow through.

Heidi said...

Aimee is wonderful! I'm sure you've told her we think so. I loved our bon fire time on Saturday...so refreshing!