Friday, March 23, 2007

Things Left Unsaid

There are many times in life when we choose not to say something to somebody, and we often regret not having said it. Take me, for instance. My Mom died over 11 1/2 years ago, and there were many things that I didn't say to her; like how much I loved her, how much she meant to me, and how much I looked up to her. My Dad is still alive, but we don't talk that much. Other than around Thanksgiving or Christmas, we don't even see each other, and we rarely talk to one another throughout the year. What I really want and need to say to him is that I forgive him, and that I love him. I'd also ask him to have a catch with me - something that we haven't done together since I was a pre-teen. Hopefully, God helps me to finally say those things to him before he's gone.

Take it from someone who knows, don't leave things left unsaid. Whether it's something that needs to be said to a spouse, a child, a good friend, or a complete stranger - say what's on your mind. Remember, we aren't promised tomorrow...

"Ease his pain...go the distance..."

- The Voice, Field of Dreams

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Chuck, Someone close to me in OH is struggling with health issues currently. I was thinking these thoughts already. Thanks for the push!