Monday, February 9, 2009

Waiting...

I am typing this on my trusty old Apple G4 Cube, as I wait to hear the results of the data transfer and new hard drive installation on my MacBook. It never fails to amaze me that things seem to go wrong when I need them to actually go right. I planned on working on my thesis today at school, but my Mac crashed on me before I could get anything accomplished.

Here are a few of my thoughts recently:

I've been feeling the weight of the world on my shoulders,
I am unemployed and worry about money,
I am in the middle of a career switch, and worry what the job market holds in the Fall,
I sometimes doubt my abilities as a future School Counselor,
I have been extremely lonely, and am struggling with isolation,
I am in need of warmth and sunshine,
I feel that I might never get married and have a family of my own,
I am knee-deep in working on my Masters thesis and portfolio,
I am experiencing serious computer issues today,
I have been frustrated by the lack of hearing God's voice and not feeling His direction,
It is very hard to wait.

2 comments:

gretchen said...

When I saw you posted I was hoping you heard...bummer. I am praying those genies can work a wonder...Jamie's survived the chocolate milk catastrophe so hopefully...
And I can't speak to too many of these, but you will be a great school counselor (need I remind you of your choir serenade at DeLasalle?). And I can speak to the faithfulness of God even in the midst of what seems like silence...Don't stop seeking.

Praying for your computer...and you.

Much love,
Gretchen

Lisa said...

It was so good to get to talk with you on your birthday and again tonight for a bit. I think it is a good thing to list your fears and stresses to get them off your chest and out there... and also to be able to hand them over to God, your Great Counselor. I pray that you will hear Him speaking truth and hope into your heart in these next few days.
Maybe a cheap plane ticket fare will land miraculously in your lap to help with the "lonely-and-in-need-of-warmth/sunshine" part? :) love and miss you.