Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Relief

After having to wait through the night on Monday to hear the results of the data transfer on my MacBook, I heard yesterday afternoon that they got most everything off of the old hard drive! I spent most of the evening last night reinstalling applications and reorganizing my documents. My thesis is there, along with what appears to be most of my Masters papers! I bought a backup hard drive to be prepared in case this happens again in the future.

And as things tend to go, when it rains it pours. I had a check engine light come on in my car yesterday afternoon, and after speaking with the dealer I found out that it could either be affordable (several hundred dollars) or rather expensive (several thousand dollars). But after having it checked this morning I am happy to announce that it was only a minor fix needed, so I didn't have to break the bank in repairing it. That was another answer to my prayers!

Let's hope nothing else goes wrong, as my fragile psyche cannot handle any more right now!

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Yay!! So glad you were able to save the paper... and the computer of course... but the paper!

Lisa said...

*whew* glad to hear the car problems were minor!