Sunday, July 6, 2008

Roads

"Two roads diverged in the middle of my life,
I heard a wise man say
I took the road less traveled by
And that's made the difference every night and every day."
- Larry Norman and Robert Frost, The Shack

There have been many roads over the years that I have chosen to take; some not so good, that have shaped me into the person that I am today. Finally, I chose to follow the road leading to God; and even though it has been difficult at times, it is the better road to be on. I once struggled with alcohol, unhealthy relationships, and dead-end jobs. I once chose to live for myself, and my own desires, and I paid dearly for those choices. I could have easily kept on drinking, kept on chasing after women that I shouldn't have been chasing, and by now I might have actually been married with a family, but I know I wouldn't have been in God's will. Instead, I am no longer drinking to excess like before, I am still single (looking and waiting for the right woman), and I desire to do God's work through my soon to be profession of counseling.

No one ever said being a Christian would be easy; as it is sometimes filled with loneliness and doubt, but I have come to understand that it's the best road that I could have taken.

3 comments:

gretchen said...

What a wise and well said thought,
Chuck. I am glad to be traveling this road with you!

Dan said...

love you and am glad to be here with you.

Just Me said...

I don't know you at all.. but that was a very insightful blog for anyone to read and really think about his/her own life. Thanks for sharing your feelings and allowing others to learn.