Thursday, July 17, 2008

Details

Well, this Summer sure is moving along quickly, isn't it?! I am getting my plans in place for the Fall, with my remaining requirements for my practicums and internships. I have my high school internship in place at DeLaSalle, while I just received word from Hidden Oaks middle school in Prior Lake that they want me for a practicum and possibly then an internship. I have also been getting some alternative practicum hours done at Lincoln International high school this July during their summer school program, and will be finishing up the remaining hours in September. Now all that is left is to get an elementary school lined up, for both the practicum and internship hours.

My plan is to quit at Target in mid-September, and focus on getting all my hours done within 6 months, as well as writing my final project paper/thesis. I hope to be completely finished with my program by April, and will then be in need of a short-term temporary job (to pay the bills) until next Fall, when I hopefully will have a School Counselor job secured! I know that God is a God of details, but there sure are a lot of details for me to work out/worry about in getting things all lined up!

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Wow! The whole plan sounds very exciting! I'm so glad you love your school counceling and have found something you are so passionate about. The sacrifice of school while living on less will be well worth it Chuck! :) Dan and I are here on this adventure with you.

Dan said...

you were meant to do this.