Saturday, June 14, 2008

An Enjoyable Saturday

I got up early this morning to get my homework done for class, about 7:30 a.m. I made a pot of coffee and got to work. I cranked out my portion of a PowerPoint presentation on the role of School Counselors in the middle school environment. Afterwards, I went outside to enjoy the sunny morning by doing some much-needed yard work. With all the rain we have been having lately, my grass was getting a little too tall! I was on such a roll, that after mowing the lawn, I even cleaned out my gutters!

At this point I was getting rather hungry, so after a quick shower I was on my way for breakfast/brunch/lunch. I decided to go to the Malt Shop in Edina. I was quite pleased with my choices of a turkey BLT and a strawberry shake - a great reward for a busy morning! I then got the grand idea for a trip to St. Paul, so I sped off to Stogies on Grand. I sat outside on their patio enjoying the warm sun and the nice breeze, while smoking a La Flor Dominicana chisel...what an amazing smoke it was! I sat outside for almost two hours, unwinding and enjoying the day! After a quick stop to get some necessary groceries, I went home to read and nap in my recliner for the rest of the afternoon.

Thank you Lord for an enjoyable Saturday!

1 comment:

Full of JOY said...

i enjoy hearing about your wonderful days...i am so not a normal person...i don't ever have normal weekends, or normal saturdays...i look forward to some day when retail does not dictate my life!!