Friday, June 20, 2008

Big Project

Well, tonight begins a large undertaking at my homestead - scrapping and priming! I've waited long enough to paint my house, and this last late-Winter and wet Spring has done it's damage to the peeling paint.

Tonight Dan and I are getting a start on scrapping the driveway side of the house, in the shade of the evening, before it gets too hot tomorrow to be standing in the sun all day. I've purchased the scrapping and priming tools, and am finally eager to begin!

Once we get the body of the house scrapped and primed, then I've asked Ben N. to assist with the details of the windows, while Dan and I paint the house. I am changing the color scheme from blue with white trim to cream/tan with dark red trim - it should look great! I'll post pictures as I'm able.

2 comments:

Eric said...

I'm pretty much the most excited person ever for this project. Your house is going to look amazing once this transformation is complete - it's really going to 'pop'!

gretchen said...

It is going to "pop"--I can't wait to see the colors together....happy scraping!