Wednesday, April 11, 2007

i am not but i know I AM

"God does whatever He wants. His purposes are a sure thing. There's no stopping Him. No containing Him. No refuting Him. No cutting Him off at the pass. No short-circuiting His agenda. God is in control. He sends forth lightning from His storehouse, He breathes out the wind, waters the earth, raises up rulers, directs the course of nations, births life, ordains death, and, in the midst of it all, still has time to be intimately acquainted with the everyday affairs of everyone on the planet."

Louie Giglio, i am not but i know I AM

"God's rule and reign are unrivaled in history and eternity. He sits on an everlasting throne. His kingdom has no end. Little gods abound, but He alone made the heavens and the earth. God has never feared a power struggle or a hostile takeover. He doesn't have to watch His back. He has no equal. No peer. No competition. It makes perfect sense that His name should be I AM. And even more sense that my name is I am not."

Louie Giglio, i am not but i know I AM

Lord, help me to see that you are God and that I am not. Help me to trust you for all things in my life, and to believe that you have my best interest in mind. I want to truly know what it means to be loved by such a big God, who has created everything that I can see and imagine, yet still desires to have an intimate relationship with little old tiny me. Amen.

No comments: