Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Welcome Spring

Other than the Fall, the Spring is my favorite time of the year. Tree buds begin to explode, grass starts to turn an amazing bright green, and temperatures slowly begin to warm up (even on a cooler day the sun's rays are quite warm).

Another passage into Spring is the MLB season kicking off. Early in the year all teams feel like they can compete, and that they have a shot at winning it all come October (sadly, most teams over-inflate their chances of success). But the "boys" of Spring never fail to amaze me - last night I was able to assist my friend James in coaching his BAA Mite team, with his son Ben on it, and I had a blast! I flashed back to my own days of little league ball, and became very excited to be a part of the team once again. Something tells me that I am going to be known as the loud, silly coach, but that's fine with me! Anything I can do to help them get excited about playing and loving baseball is just fine!

Play ball, and enjoy the Spring weather (at least on warm, sunny days)!

2 comments:

gretchen said...

Coaching a little league team is soooo you. I love spring, too.

Heidi said...

Yay... I'm so glad you get to coach! You'll have to let the Shearer family know when one of the games are and we'll cheer you on (and Ben of course)!