Saturday, October 18, 2008

Stillwater

After enjoying a slow morning of sleeping in late and coffee with peppermint mocha creamer, I decided to head to Stillwater. I got myself ready, and hopped into the car and sped off.

My first stop in Stillwater was, of course, Starbuck's! After getting my Caramel Macchiato, I then went and did some antique shopping. After wandering the aisles for awhile, I was getting hungry. So, I decided to grab some lunch at Shane's on Main, my friend Lisa's discovery. After lunch, I did a little shopping at a bookstore, and bought the classic novel of Willa Cather called "My Antonia." It will be added to the pile of books waiting for me to read! I then went next door to the bookstore, and bought a bottle of white wine (Oktoberfest) from the Northern Vineyards, a co-op of vineyards in central Minnesota. It will go well with a fire and the baseball playoffs tonight!

Last, but certainly not least, I grabbed my cigar and lighter, and found a great spot by the St. Croix river and the lift bridge, to enjoy a fine smoke (a Gispert). Here are a few photos from my last stop in Stillwater.


5 comments:

Eric said...

wish I was there!!

Full of JOY said...

Hey! Fur and I found Shane's TOGETHER! Why does Fur-B get all the credit?! I even befriend the real Shane! =) Your trip sounds so magical...wish I had been there, too...

Lisa said...

I'm picturing every part of your day in Stillwater, and envisioning myself there, but it's not quite the same :) Thanks for posting pictures of one of my favorite places so I can "visit" it with my eyes :) Oh, and Fur... I think I get the credit because I TOOK Chuck there... And just for the record, I did tell him that we found it together... there is your little moment in the spotlight :) haha...

Heidi said...

I have that Willa Cather book that I've been wanting to read too! Good thing it's somewhat short, I may just get through it. :)

Marissa said...

Sounds like you had a fun filled day. I can't believe how many times you've been to Stillwater... I've live in MN my whole life and I've never been there. We missed you at the Revelry last night, hope you're feeling better.