Thursday, August 23, 2007

State Fair




The Great Minnesota Get-Together kicks off today! I am taking a vacation day from work tomorrow (Friday) and spending the day at the Fair. It sounds like Eric is going to be joining me, and possibly Dan, but only if he isn't working that day.

Every year, I spend at least one, if not two days, at the Fair. It's been a tradition of mine for the last handful of years. Growing up, my family never went, but in my adult years I have made it a priority of mine.

The day is usually spent eating way too much food, and wandering around the fairgrounds checking out the booths and exhibits. Whether it's a breakfast burrito, cheese curds, pronto pups or corn dogs, fresh lemonade, a chocolate shake from the dairy barn, mini donuts, all the milk you can drink for a buck, and Sweet Martha's chocolate chip cookies, food is the highlight of my trip!

Do you enjoy the Fair also? What's your favorite food(s)? What is the must have/must do event for you? I can already smell the food, and I am getting very hungry!

4 comments:

gretchen said...

Enjoy your day--eat some mini donuts for me!!!

Heidi said...

I don't know if we'll go this year... probably not. I missed the BSC discount ticket offer. I almost always eat a Pronto Pup. YUM! And you Chuck were my first ever introduction to the endless bucket of chocolate chip cookies last year. Have Fun!

Full of JOY said...

oh- by FAR i wish i could get that bucket of cc cookies. i really believe that cc or m 'n m cookies are my most favorite dessert in the world.

that sweet martha is my hero...now, if only they could serve rice milk at the dairy barn for a dollar...i mean, come on, can't cows get into LACTOSE free???

Chuck said...

Too much food - Pronto Pup, cheese curds, some of E's fries, root beer, and chocolate chip cookies and three glasses of milk. I'm stuffed!