Saturday, May 5, 2007

Stupid Woodpecker!

I have a really large tree in my backyard with quite a few dead branches, and a woodpecker can often be heard in it, making quite the racket early Saturday morning for those of us who are trying to sleep! I may have actually been outside in my PJs at 6:30 this morning, air gun in hand, stalking my prey. Let's just say that he managed to fly away without suffering from having a plastic BB implanted in his backside, but I will get him if it's the last thing that I do!

Even though I loved the cartoon character Woody Woodpecker as a child, when one wakes me up at the crack of dawn, all my feelings turn towards anger and revenge. Beware of flying BBs my fine-feathered friend!

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Very funny Chuck. I'm not laughing about your early morning wake-ups, but the thought of you at 6:30 in the morning stalking your prey. Get em killer!

Eric said...

Get the blow gun!