Monday, May 14, 2007

God is Faithful

Well, I'm happy to say that after three months of being out of work, I am starting a new job tomorrow morning! I will be working on a contract-to-hire basis at Target Corporation in downtown Minneapolis for the next eight months, on their target.com website. If all goes well, they might offer me a full-time position at the end of the eight months. I will be done with my graduate degree program in about two years, so it would be a perfect opportunity for me to be offered a permanent job at Target, thereby taking the burden off of me to look for another job while finishing up school.

It has been a difficult time for me being out of work, and I had even begun to question God's faithfulness, but He reminded me yet again that He will always provide for me. He showed me once again that when I place my trust in Him, He will never fail or let me down.

"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?"

Matthew 6:25-27

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Those very verses have helped me through many obstacles. I am so happy for you Chuck.

Full of JOY said...

me too!! (i'm so happy for you, too- for a lot of reasons!! :)