Saturday, August 21, 2010

Faith, Trust, and Hope

How do I explain my faith? Usually I point to my past, and then explain that God has taken someone like I was, and turned my life around. And He can do the same for others. But do I have the stomach to actually say that to someone who questions my faith? I trust I will, once He puts that person in front of me.

I am in a point in my career, where I can only trust His will for me. I have been heading towards the destination that He put on my heart quite some time ago - to be a counselor. However, after many years of education, unpaid internships, a half-time position followed by a full-time six month gig, I find myself where I started - out of work and desperately needing full-time employment soon (within a month). The pool of money set aside to survive on has all but run dry. Do I trust He will provide? Most days, yes I do. Lately, I have really begun to question Him, and my hope has been shaken.

If I put my hope in Him, He will give me all that I desire. A job counseling students, financial stability, and an eventual wife and children. When I put my hope in other people and things, I will fail. Help me Lord to not lose sight of my hope - You.

Faith, trust, and hope. God, God, and more God!

2 comments:

Bstads said...

I have enjoyed your friendship over the past few weeks Chuck. Thank you for being honest with your heart over what you are being brought through right now. I do feel as you do that you are truly being taken somewhere, and I trust as you do that God is good and as you seek Him first, your soul will find pleasure. Many thoughts and prayers for you friend!

gretchen said...

We are praying to that "all these things will be added" as you continue to seek His Kingdom.

p.s. Have you seen any stuff come up at Washburn or Poplar Bridge---Amy said that our counselor person from previous years is no longer there....