Tuesday, October 23, 2007

The North Shore


Those 3 little words bring such joy to my heart! This Friday, Dan and Heidi, Eric and Lisa, and I are heading north for our annual Fall trip to Schroeder, MN, where we will be staying at our favorite locale - the Temperance Traders Cabins. I can already smell the coffee brewing and the eggs and bacon cooking for Saturday morning's breakfast, along with some caramel rolls from Tobie's in Hinckley!

We'll spend the day on Saturday roaming around Grand Marais, checking out the shops and the shore, and we will end the evening with an amazing bonfire behind our cabin (thanks to "Fire Marshall" Dan), complete with coffee, double-stuffed Oreo's, and many a fine cigar!

There's something about being at the North Shore that brings out God's peace in my life. Work is work, school is getting to be a bit much, and there is no longer a relationship in my life these days, but standing on the edge of Lake Superior will help to wash away all those headaches, hassles, and heartache. I feel closest to God whenever I am in the northeastern part of Minnesota, enjoying His awesome creation. I can't wait until Friday!

"I love to think of nature as an unlimited broadcasting station, through which God speaks to us every hour, if we will only tune in."
- George Washington Carver


1 comment:

Full of JOY said...

HAPPY for you...SAD for me...
i just read something i wrote about the onion skins game we played up there one year...
seriously...i feel content FOR you just thinking about it...