Tuesday, September 11, 2007

9/11

Last night, sitting around a fire, enjoying good conversation, good coffee, and a good cigar, Eric, Lisa, and I found ourselves discussing where we were 6 years ago when we heard the news of the attacks. I remember being at work (HGA architects in the Warehouse District of Minneapolis) and hearing of the news from a co-worker who had just heard about it on their radio. The next thing I remember is a group of us huddling around someones small black and white TV at their cubicle, straining to hear the news reports and to see the footage. The next vivid memory I have is seeing the second tower being hit. The rest of that day is a blur, with vague memories of driving home and watching the news unfold on TV for hours on end, into the next day as well. The rest of the story, as they say, is history. The U.S. has been embroiled in the "war on terror" ever since, losing many brave lives of our soldiers, in addition to those we lost during the attacks.

Where were you on that fateful day? What memories do you have? What memories are you still trying to forget? Has the war affected your life and/or family? Did you draw closer to God, or move farther away from Him?

1 comment:

gretchen said...

You know this morning I wrote the date on a piece of paper..and it sort of sent chills. Six years ago I was home with Tori when Jamie called to tell me and then I turned on the tv similar to you and watched the 2nd tower get hit. Thanks for your post..I want to spend some time today to remember and to pray for the soldiers who are still fighting and giving.